Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 10, 2007

On page 85 Mashallah

So, I am on p.85 of my book so far, Chapter 4, Mashallah. Those are critiqued pages by my group, who really need a name...maybe the "Wade Avenue six" or the "Triangle Pen Wielders" hmmm or the "RDU punctuation crew". Ahh no. I will keep thinking. I think I am the only one who feels the need for a name. After all, I am positive that when I am published, I will need to thank them, and not by each of their names!!

So Ramadan starts in a few days and as usual, I am not ready, food prep wise. Since I hate to cook anyway, and I hate to think about the menu everyday, Waseem and I decided to make a bunch of our favorites and freeze single portion sizes. It seemed like a good plan, but he is now out of town on business until Wed. and I have PTA newsletter committee meeting at 7:45 AM tomorrow at Starbucks, then lunch plans (YEAHHHH), then soccer practice at 5:45, then an Academically Advanced meeting at Safah's school at 6:30 (assuming she gets out of practice before then, and then it is dinner time... Anyway, enough whining.

So I think the Balziva is starting to get out of my system. It has been a month. And still some of the same issues, but hopefully it won't be too long or too many more months before the stuff works its way out of my system.

Deenie is getting soooo expressive now. And he has a little temper too. I took him to Jumah on Friday, and he decided, after getting use to all the women in black, to craw at light speed down the row. Of course this was during the khutba, so no worries really, but some sisters were coming in and praying before the salat. I was like a football reciever, spinning and weaving between and around women so I wouldn't walk in front of praying sisters. The second time, I let him go, and he was heading for the door, and one of the sisters who runs the Sunday school grabbed him and said joking "you want him back?" I was like yeah sure... and he was handed down the row again. Later she said, "My, my, he has a little temper doesn't he." He had gotten really mad and squirmed when she picked him up... woops...;)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Way to go, can't wait to read your paranormal story... as long as it's not scary that is. I'd go with Wade Avenue Six (sounds cool!)

Aneesa said...

Okay, SO. Rashid happend to look over at the screen at your blog and pointed out why most of your paragraphs start with "SO". I think you two need to fight!!! LOL